1) Information I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information including photos (for a custom order for example), if you contact me directly.
2) Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• Contractual: as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• Consent: when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list.
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
We will only use your personal data for the specific purpose that you have provided it for. In the case of a purchase, that would be: Emails regarding specific details of your items, Delivering the item(s), emailing confirmation of the order, emailing you with delivery details for that order and storing for financial records.
3) Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Compliance with laws.
I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4) How your data is stored
Any emails containing personal data are stored on my laptop which is password protected. Emails are also accessed on my phone which is also password protected with touch ID.
Emails containing order information and payment information are automatically deleted after 30 days.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
5) Third party privacy policies
Paypal (payment processor):
WIX (website host and payment processor):
Royal Mail (Delivery):
Yola (Domain and Email host):
6) Data Retention
7) Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer. All third-party hosting services are Privacy Shield certified.
8) Your rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
10) How to contact me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Kate Rainsford, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com
Alternately, you may mail me at:
Kate Rainsford 25 Hamble, Belgrave, Tamworth, Staffs, B772JE UK